Monday 12 September 2011

IAAC Symposium

I had a poster presented at the Information Assurance Advisory Council (IAAC) Symposium on the 7th of September. You can download it and other posters presented at the conference from here.
The title of the poster is 'Playing with Privacy: Promoting Online Privacy and Consent discussion through Game Design'

The back of the cards from the Privacy Card game
This is the first time I've produced a research poster, as I'm not totally convinced of their use as a tool of research dissemination as I rarely see people actually reading them at conferences - this being said, I recently saw a very good poster by Alejandro Velez Salas looking at the Metaphoring universalisation of 'terror'. I was willing to do a poster for this symposium because this is about a particular piece of VOME project research that lends itself to having a visual component: in the cards we're produced for the game, photos of people playing the game and the graphic design work already done for the card backs. More coming soon about the card game, read the poster if you want to know a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment